The following meditation is called “Using the Hour Glass” by Phyllis Krystal. She describes it in detail in her first book “Cutting Ties that Bind”. This mediation is really useful if you have a strong desire or if you are seeking answers, but feel stuck in your thinking. Often the mind thinks the same thoughts again and again and doesn’t come up with creative solutions anymore.
When you use this meditation you will notice that you will receive inspiration, new ideas and creative solutions that break the patterns of repetitive thoughts. When you receive sudden inspiration and different thoughts, guided by your intuition blended with your intellect, it is usually a sign that your Higher Consciousness or High Self is guiding you through this new vision and insight.
This meditation specifically presents a problem or a question to your High Self or Higher Consciousness (High C in the book of Phyllis Krystal). You can use the meditation only one time or if it is something important, for a longer period of time. When I was once looking for a new job, I used it for a month in the morning for 2 to 5 minutes and in the evening. It made me feel relaxed, confident and energized for the task ahead.
Using the Hour Glass to Remove Limitations
The Hour Glass is a symbol to aid in removing the ceiling many people either consciously or unconsciously have placed over their lives, which limits them in many ways. It can be practiced alone or with a partner who may be physically present or at a distance (how to do it together with a partner is described in the book, too).
Using it Alone
- Visualize your golden circle at arm’s length around you on the ground.
- Imagine you are pulling it up all around you in the shape of a golden cone with the point or top slightly above your head.
- Erect another inverted cone above the first one, with the two points meeting to form the neck of the hour glass, with the Hi C at that site.
- Visualize the upper cone wide open to the sky.
- Ask the Hi C to bring whatever It knows you need from anywhere in the entire Universe into the upper cone, so that it can filter down into your life at the appropriate time and rate.
- If you have a specific need or request, ask that the solution or answer be brought to you in this way, but try not to be too specific about what you want to receive. Let the Hi C decide for you.
- Thank the Hi C for whatever It will send you, surrender to Its will, promise to trust It to bring you what only It knows you need and vow to accept whatever It sends you, whether you approve or not.
Repeat this exercise as often as you wish for any request and for other requests as the need arises.
Source: “The Hour Glass” by Phyllis Krystal, “Cutting the Ties that Bind”
This meditation is a “small” meditation, once learned, it is so easy and yet so powerful. It works with your consciousness, your super consciousness and your subconscious mind; as you
- actively ask for what you need and make the decision to use this meditation
- surrender so you trust your super consciousness
- use your imagination so that the meditation goes directly to your subconscious mind.
It feels so good when you are sitting there with “your problem” and suddenly you feel the sky opening up to infinite new possibilities and surrendering the solution to your High C.
Do it yourself and enjoy the experience!