Join us in this time for free meditation and breathing exercises on Monday evenings, Swiss time, from your own home
- Every Monday Evening, also Easter Monday
- 6:15 pm – 7:30 pm Yoga and Meditation Class
- Please register here for the Zoom link; it’s on a donation basis, recommended are 10 CHF; if you want to come for free please send me an email and I’ll provide you with the Zoom link via email
- This class is for everyone, also for people new to yoga and meditation
- All you need a yoga mat or a towel, comfortable clothes. If you have a yoga belt and blanket it would be nice, otherwise a towel or belt works fine as well (both optional).
What you can do every day
I don’t know how you perceived the Corona crisis at first. For me, I underestimated it first and it hit me only about two weeks ago how serious this pandemic is for us, health-wise but also financially for a lot of people. My best wishes for you all!
I would like to share some of my practices and perspectives to stay safe and calm during this challenging time. They are all to strengthen your immune system and to calm down your nervous system:
- Social distancing, staying at home and following the recommendations. My feeling is this is sensible and will help the crisis to pass quicker and with a smoother outcome. It feels being the right responsible thing to do.
- Reduce your times you are watching news and just pick the one or two pages on the Internet that you mainly receive your information from. When you watch the news or read something in the Internet, you can pray for the people you see and you are concerned of. You are more in your own power then, also doing something for the others rather than feeling overwhelmed by what you see.
- If you get worried, pray for yourself and your loved ones. Surrender your fears to a greater power than you. I love the quote “Why worry when you can pray?” – Edgar Cayce
- Enough sleep. Sleep is a spiritual practice (Gabby Bernstein). Go to bed before 10pm to give the body enough healing time during the night. Your self-healing and self-regulation work best with enough sleep.
- Just sit twice every day and simply close your eyes. Sit there with an open awareness and allow all thoughts (negative and positive). If your thoughts are racing, simply come back with your attention back to your breath as a simple reminder and anchor of the current moment. If you want to practice sitting with me together, please email me for the meditation and pranayama session I mentioned above. It is said to practice twice a day for 20 minutes, but only doing 10 minutes in the evening before sleep or after home office before you start your free evening has already great benefits. Your nervous system just relaxes and the underlying mind chatter and feelings of anxiety disappear or diminish.
- Going shopping can be fearful, so concentrate on what is is fun to buy, like healthy vegetables and fruit, mostly plant based cooking. If you didn’t have time during normal working hours to cook healthy, you can now try new recipes and get excited about healthy eating habits. If you are living together with someone it might be nice to cook more meals together and share this experience.
- You can do yoga during the day, just roll out your yoga mat and do some sun salutations and stretches; take walks outside while keeping social distancing, just move your body. We can also try to do a yoga session online just email if you are interested
From a yogic perspective this collective fear and anxiety are derivatives of the (negative) ego. The miracle is to switch from fear-based thinking to love-based thinking. You can first start to love your fear-based thoughts. They want to be seen and acknowledged. You can bless them sit with them and know that you are so much more than these thoughts. If you give them space without dwelling in them they will move through you and away. Giving them space with a loving awareness opens yourself up for having new thoughts about the situation. For those thoughts, that stick around there is probably something in there that you will have to act upon in your daily life or make the decision to change your way of thinking in this matter.
If you are willing to see things differently, love-based, it doesn’t mean, that you are less careful or irresponsible, it just means that you are in your power of how you perceive what is going on and how you want to respond to the situation. Being loving to yourself and others with even more care than in normal day to day life could be one response.
There is one last aspect. Even if you are doing everything to stay safe and strong, you could still get the virus, lose your job or encounter other problems during this time. My Ayurvedic doctor reminded me, that everything that happens in the universe has a purpose. Life only brings forward life-enhancing situations in the long run, even if we don’t understand the meaning right now. If you know that maybe your fear can lessen or even disappear.
The time right now is a temporary phase. Wishing you all the best and a peaceful and calm mind.