Introducing Sandra Veronika Gross
There are so many different yoga schools and nutrition theories today. When you are working with me, you get a qualified, advanced and registered yoga teacher, who graduated in 2007 in Zurich and then in 2013 from the advanced yoga teacher training programme by Stephen Thomas (Canada).
I am a nutrition and detoxification consultant certified by Natalia Rose from Detox the World (New York) and I was educated and certified by two healers, Malcolm Southwood (UK) and Kadek Suambara (Ubud, Bali).
As a yoga teacher, a Rose Program Certified Counselor for nutrition and cleansing and as a healer from the Malcolm Southwood School in Basel, I’ll work directly to your needs and desires on your physical, mental and emotional levels. My focus is to treat the whole individual, incorporating a variety of alternative modalities, which result in your greater health and well-being.
You will also benefit from my experience with teachers in India, Bali and Switzerland, where I studied in the areas of self-reflection, transformation, meditation, healing, and relaxation.
Training in yoga, nutrition, detox, health and healing
- 2017: Groovy Kids Yoga Teacher Training, certified by Greville Henwood, at Zürich, Switzerland
- 2016: Wisdom Warriors Teacher Training, certified by Desirée Rumbaugh and Karen Church, safe and strong asana practice after 50, Zürich, Switzerland
- 2013: Rose Program Certified Counselor for Nutrition, Detoxification & Cleansing, certified by Natalia Rose, DetoxTheWorld, New York
- 2013: Advanced Certified Yoga Teacher, certified by Stephen Thomas, International Yoga Alliance, RYT 500
- 2011: Deeksha Giver from the Oneness University, initiated in Bali by Pak Kadek Suambara, Nyuh Kuning, Bali, Indonesia, Oneness University
- 2009: Certificate “Dynamics of Healing” at the Malcolm Southwood Healing School for Healing Therapy, Basel
- 2007: Certified Yoga Teacher, certified by Christine May and Michael Thurnherr, International Yoga Alliance, RYT 200
Some of my other trainings
- 2018: Biofeldtest, Grundseminar, Diagnose und Therapie 2 with Praxis-Workshop
- Since 2007: workshops and intensive trainings with Stephen Thomas, asana practice, pranayama, kriyas, meditation, Zürich, Switzerland
- Since 2011: Detox The World, trainings in detoxification and cleansing, e.g. Extremely Green Detox, Maximum Purification, 10 day fasting, the Rose Cleanse, A Life of Power
- Since 2013: Art of Living Courses, Part 1 (Zürich) and Art of Living Happiness Course (with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Munich)
- 2007: Ayurvedische Heilkunst Seminar, 12 hours further education with Constanz Kiffmeyer (27.-28.4.2007), Zürich, Switzerland
- Since 2006: Vijnana Yoga, workshops and retreats with Orit Sen Gupta, in Zürich, Basel and Immenstadt
- Since 2006: yoga workshops with Shiva Rea, Desirée Rumbaugh, Jeff Fisher, Josh Summers (3 day intensive yin yoga workshop), Christine May, Michael Hamilton and others
- Since 2006: 4 weeks Sivananda yoga on the Bahamas, regular travels to India and Bali for spiritual retreats
How I came to yoga, nutrition, detox and healing
I was always so busy with my studies in computer science, my doctorate in business and work in a couple of consultancies, banking and finance, as well as other activities such as playing theatre and singing in a gospel choir.
The motivation to go to the yoga retreat center of the Sivanandas on the Bahamas was to recover from a very intense phase of doing my doctorate and finishing it in 2006, and just to relax. I had no idea that I’d gain so much more from the experience, much more indeed than just getting the tools to wind down and relax.
In 2008 I started to travel to India to see my Spiritual Teacher, Sathya Sai Baba. I love Him with all my heart. He always says, we have to apply the knowledge we learn and study in our daily lives. Book knowledge is of no use, if you do not apply it. I am very grateful that I was able to see Sathya Sai Baba during multiple visits in Prashanti Nilayam in His human form and to experience the atmosphere in His ashram. It was a deeply transforming experience.
With the high requirements in my professional life in my studies, my phd and in my jobs in finance industry and later at the university of applied sciences, I always seeked for ways to stay and to be healthy, and in a calm space. Also, I tried so many nutrition concepts for myself ranging from a couple of weeks to months, and found out, what really works, and what not.
Now I integrate my knowledge and my experience into group classes, seminars and private sessions. Each method that I teach is free from stress, and empowers my clients to care for their well-being independently. I help people, also very busy people, to detox in their own pace, be happier in their bodies, deal with their thoughts and emotions in a healthy way, to become healthier and stronger and to be balanced and happy.