It’s summer and it is so much easier now to go raw until dinner, if you want to do so. Here you find some of my favorite recipes at this time: for mid-morning or lunch the banana blueberry spinach smoothie, for mid-afternoon or dinner the raw spinach soup and for salads at lunch or dinner my favorite salad dressing. I recommend that you have juices, smoothies and raw soups on an empty stomach. Enjoy!
Banana Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 1 package of blueberries, either fresh or frozen
- 1 package of spinach
- Vanilla Powder
- A bit of water or unsweetened almond milk
Blend everything together in a high speed blender and enjoy!
By Anthony William
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes or 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 bag of baby spinach or 1 bunch of leafy spinach
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 small clove of garlic
- Juice of 2 squeezed oranges*
- 1-2 basil leaves or a few sprigs of cilantro
Blend everything in a high speed blender and enjoy!
*You can replace the orange juice with lemon or lime juice.
Liquid Gold Elixir – Salad Dressing
By Natalia Rose, “The Raw Food Detox Diet”, page 102
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 3 whole cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger (not in the blender, this is getting too spicey)
- 3 tablespoons Nama Shoyu soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons raw honey*
- 1.5 cups cold-pressed olive oil**
Place all the ingredients except the oil in the blender. Begin blending at normal speed. As the mixture is blending, slowly add the oil until it’s completely blended. This recipe should last over a week in the fridge.
* Or replace the honey with stevia
**Do not take olive oil if you have another kind of natural fat in your salad such as an avocado